[fedora-arm] need help to build zorba package for ARM

Martin Gieseking martin.gieseking at uos.de
Tue Feb 25 18:28:15 UTC 2014

> Yeah, I debugged this last night, the problem is zorba isn't checking
> the return value of getenv, and as a result, passing a NULL ptr to
> strtok. Oddly, the optimized assembler versions in glibc for x86_64
> happily just return NULL, whereas on ARM and other platforms, they
> dereference NULL and take a SIGSEGV.
>
> Bringing this up with the glibc developers and scratch-building zorba:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6569756

Kyle and Richard,

thank you very much for isolating the bug and for providing a patch. It
also makes zorba-3.0.0 build successfully on ARM. I really appreciate
your help.

>> By the way [small advert follows!] Cubietrucks are reasonably powerful
>> ARM systems that you can buy worldwide for around US$99.  They run
>> Hans de Goede's Fedora Allwinner Remix straight out of the box.  You
>> will also need to buy a CP2102 serial cable (cost around $10), a
>> microSDHD card, and optionally a 2.5" SATA drive.  If you want a
>> reasonably cheap way to debug these kinds of problems locally, this is
>> the way to go.

Also, thanks for this information. The Cubietruck kit looks promising
and is available for about 90 Euros here in Germany. I think I'm going
to get one in the next couple of days. :)

Thanks again,
Martin