[fedora-arm] F21 disk image idea

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 16:35:39 UTC 2014

On 01/09/2014 07:41 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Without intending any disrespect I don't think that you are the
> typical user we want to optimize this for. More and more novice
> users are starting to play around with arm boards (which will hopefully
> make them non novices eventually) and I think we want to make things
> as easy for them as possible. And these users are already used
> to blindly trusting installers :)

I'm not a typical user either, but I share Richard's concern.  Your
script as described is great.  If there were these 3 features I'd be
completely happy with it as one solution to the problem:

1. It can be run as a non-root user (fun!).

2. It can be run as a single command line (no interactive menu).

3. It can produce an image to be written to disk (it does not make
changes to block devices in /dev).

Possible?

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com