[fedora-arm] Fedora Rawhide and Allwinner A10S

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sun Jul 13 09:11:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 07/12/2014 11:42 PM, Craig Lanning wrote:
> I have an Olimex a10s-olinuxino-micro-4mb
> (https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A10S/A10S-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB/open-source-hardware ). It has:
>
> Allwinner A10S CPU
> 4MB onboard flash memory
> MicroSD slot
> SD slot
> HDMI video and audio out
> headphone out
> audio line in
> 10/100 Ethernet port
> USB2 port
> OTG USB port
> LCD interface (4.3", 7", 10")
>
> I downloaded the rawhide image
> Fedora-Xfce-armhfp-rawhide-20140712-sda.raw.xz.  unxz'd it.
>
> I then wrote it to a microSD card.
>
> When it finished, I popped it out and re-inserted it so that it would
> mount the partitions.  I read the instructions for the CubieTruck on the
> ARM Rawhide Installation page
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Rawhide/Installation
> ).  I looked around in the /usr/share/uboot directory, but didn't find a
> directory I thought was more appropriate.

Right, currently rawhide pretty much only supports the cubietruck I've
adding support for more models on my to-do list.

> Are there any instructions for how to build the uboot .bin file?  I'd
> like to see if I can build one that is more appropriate for my board.

There are generic sunxi u-boot build instructions here:
http://linux-sunxi.org/U-Boot#Compilation

Alternatively you can get the pre-built file for your board from the uboot
partition of the allwinner remix here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F20/Remixes

> I also noticed in the Known Issues & Usage Tips section that graphical
> display is not currently supported.  Are there plans to have the
> graphical display working by the time Fedora 21 is released?

No if you want to have hdmi out working you should use the remix for
now.

Regards,

Hans