[fedora-arm] Update on Allwinner / sunxi u-boot support

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 08:48:45 UTC 2014

Hi Dennis et al,

As you may have heard Ian Campbell and I have become u-boot
custodians for sunxi boards.

As such we've been working hard to get sunxi support into
shape for the upcoming v2014.10 release.

Yesterday sun4i (the original A10) and sun5i (A13 / A10s)
support got merged to complete the existing sun7i (A20) support,
as well as most of the PSCI code needed to do smp + hyp mode on
the A20.

I've just send a pull-request adding AHCI, EHCI and PSCI support +
support for 14 new boards. You can find the branch for this here:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-sunxi.git;a=shortlog

So assuming that F-21 will use v2014.10 that should put us in
pretty good shape wrt sunxi support. I would like to make sure
that Fedora can use upstream u-boot as-is. AFAIK we still need
to do some work wrt unified distro support / config_distro_defaults.h
e.g. I think we need to specify the dts file name for each board
config somewhere for thinks to work ootb, correct ?

Dennis, can you provide a minimal patch on top of the above branch
needed to get things to work ootb on one board, e.g. the cubietruck ?

Then I'll work on (a) patch(es) doing the same for all the other
supported boards, and on getting the changes merged upstream.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans

p.s.

For those going to Flock, I'll see you all at Flock. I plan to
travel light, but I'll be sure to bring at least one sunxi board,
so that we can get some sunxi hacking done.