[fedora-arm] Update on Allwinner / sunxi u-boot support

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 08:16:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 07/30/2014 10:48 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi Dennis et al,
>
> As you may have heard Ian Campbell and I have become u-boot
> custodians for sunxi boards.
>
> As such we've been working hard to get sunxi support into
> shape for the upcoming v2014.10 release.
>
> Yesterday sun4i (the original A10) and sun5i (A13 / A10s)
> support got merged to complete the existing sun7i (A20) support,
> as well as most of the PSCI code needed to do smp + hyp mode on
> the A20.
>
> I've just send a pull-request adding AHCI, EHCI and PSCI support +
> support for 14 new boards. You can find the branch for this here:
>
> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-sunxi.git;a=shortlog
>
> So assuming that F-21 will use v2014.10 that should put us in
> pretty good shape wrt sunxi support. I would like to make sure
> that Fedora can use upstream u-boot as-is. AFAIK we still need
> to do some work wrt unified distro support / config_distro_defaults.h
> e.g. I think we need to specify the dts file name for each board
> config somewhere for thinks to work ootb, correct ?
>
> Dennis, can you provide a minimal patch on top of the above branch
> needed to get things to work ootb on one board, e.g. the cubietruck ?

A quick update on this, Stephen Warren (nvidia) has posted an updated
version of your "config: introduce a generic $bootcmd", and that just
got Acked, so hopefully that will make it into v2014.10:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/375060/

It would be nice to also sunxi converted to this upstream.

This means that you need to post a conversion patch this weekend
the latest, otherwise it will be too late for the freeze (freezes
in u-boot are based on the posting of v1 of a patch).

I can try to do this myself this weekend, but chances are that
I won't have time for this.

Regards,

Hans