[fedora-arm] Getting started with the UDOO

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:03:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Jason Porter <lightguard.jp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I received an UDOO today (looking through the list, it looks like I would
> have been better off with a Wandboard for the power (except for the Arduino
> stuff, so that's good) oh well :) Anyway, I tried their Ubuntu images and
> I'm simply not happy with them. It's been a while since I've used Ubuntu
> (been using Fedora pretty much since I started at Red Hat), things are
> unfamiliar and honestly they don't quite work right. I'd like to use Fedora,
> but it looks like support is only in Rawhide at the moment. I'm really not
> all that concerned with using Rawhide (though if I could backport support to
> Fedora 20 that would be awesome), I just don't know where to start. Could
> anyone give me any pointers or some links on how to get started, please?

Just to cover this here for reference too (also discussed on G+)

The rawhide nightlies should work with the UDOO, it's possible we
might need to poke a few bits to ensure it gets the right DT blob. If
it doesn't boot straight off can you get all of the console output of
uboot plus the output of the printenv and help commands and we'll add
the bits needed. The dtb is imx6q-udoo.dtb