[fedora-arm] Fedora 23 for aarch64 is here!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:52:59 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM, Clive Messer <clive.m.messer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-11-04 at 08:04 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>> for Fedora to support
>> systems
>> they need to get support for their hardware upstream.
>
> Maybe it is time, at least for ARM platform, to look at "softening" the
> "has to be upstream first" policy. This is hurting Fedora to the point
> of making it irrelevant on ARM. You either are supporting the popular
> consumer hardware that people are actually buying and using, (like Pi
> and Odroid on 32 bit, or the 2x consumer 96boards on 64 bit), or the
> ARM version of your OS is irrelevant to the majority of actual people
> who would otherwise be trying/using it.

We pull in small patch sets when relevant and useful. The problem with
that is it makes it very hard to support with the amount of people.
Sure it would be nice to support everything but it's not always
possible.

On the odriod side of things there's no reason why we don't support,
in fact I've had some feedback that some of the odroid stuff works
fine. Is it perfect, no, but when people report problems we work to
fix them.