[fedora-arm] Realtek wifi on ARM devices

Zamir SUN zsun at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 7 14:36:42 UTC 2015

Here are my test result:

System: Fedora 23 ARM XFCE image (configured as multi-user.target)
Hardware: BeagleBone Black Rev.C

---Device 1: EDUP EP-N8508GS---
lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0bda:8176 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188CUS
802.11n WLAN Adapter

Fails to connect to WPA2-PSK protected WiFi.
Connected to open wifi but not able to ping to default gateway

https://paste.fedoraproject.org/287939/14469065/

---Device 2: Netcore (I do not have its branded product name)---
lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0bda:8178 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8192CU
802.11n WLAN Adapter

Fails to connect to WPA2-PSK protectes WiFi.
Connected to open wifi and able to download for about 1 minute, then the
network becomes not usable.

https://paste.fedoraproject.org/287943/44690690/

HTH.

Zamir SUN