[fedora-arm] Fedora 23 for aarch64 is here!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 09:17:25 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 8:45 AM, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
> On 11/10/15 03:35, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
>>
>> "On ARM it means raspberry/pi boards (iirc odroid ones were not good
>> too)." On AArch64 all CE 96boards ones.
>
> .
>
> I don't understand this? What is the problem with the latest RPI-2b? Mine
> has been put aside [ 6+ months] since no end of trying Fedora on it has
> produced a working XFCE desktop. It seems I need to obtain a different board
> if I am to see it work?
>
> Just curious,

Basically there is no upstream mainline Linus kernel support for the
RPi2 (and the original version isn't much better), I tried pulling in
patches to get it working but stopped when the diff got to nearly 100K
lines of patch which is an order of magnitude more than all of the
rest of the kernel patches in the kernel. Basically it's hard to
maintain, it's something that I'll revisit when 4.4 rc1 is out to see
if it's improved but it's not looking good.

Basically the Raspberry Pi organisation has no urge to be a good
citizen in the open source community.