[fedora-arm] Fedora 23 for aarch64 is here!

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Nov 10 09:31:21 UTC 2015

On 11/10/15 04:17, Peter Robinson wrote:

>> >.
>> >
>> >I don't understand this? What is the problem with the latest RPI-2b? Mine
>> >has been put aside [ 6+ months] since no end of trying Fedora on it has
>> >produced a working XFCE desktop. It seems I need to obtain a different board
>> >if I am to see it work?
>> >
>> >Just curious,
> Basically there is no upstream mainline Linus kernel support for the
> RPi2 (and the original version isn't much better), I tried pulling in
> patches to get it working but stopped when the diff got to nearly 100K
> lines of patch which is an order of magnitude more than all of the
> rest of the kernel patches in the kernel. Basically it's hard to
> maintain, it's something that I'll revisit when 4.4 rc1 is out to see
> if it's improved but it's not looking good.
>
> Basically the Raspberry Pi organisation has no urge to be a good
> citizen in the open source community.
>
> Peter

.

This is good information that I have not had before and always wondered
why ...

I spent a lot of time trying to make it work, it sort of does, just
nothing I could do would produce a working keyboard and mouse with the
XFCE desktop or via SSH.
Things like gedit and xfce settings would display nicely via ssh. I just
wanted the desktop display to work first ...

I would appreciate a suggestion as to the best board to try next.

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD