[fedora-arm] Realtek wifi on ARM devices

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 10:00:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 07-11-15 13:01, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I know from various questions in the past that a number of ARM devices
> come with realtek wifi interfaces. A new driver the a lot of the
> realtek usb wifi devices has landed in the 4.4 kernel. All the gory
> details are in the commit log [1] it's not a fully featured driver
> just yet but should work well for the standard connect to your AP use
> case.
>
>   It would be great if those of you with such devices could test a
> rawhide kernel and report back good and/or bad experiences.

Cool stuff, a lot of Allwinner devices come with these wifi chips
atm I do not really have time to run any sort of worth-while
tests. But I'll enable this driver in my own local build test kernels
and I will try to use it whenever I use wifi.

Jens, are there any plans to also add support for sdio based variants of
these chips ?  Quite a few devices also come with sdio based variants,
such as the C.H.I.P.

Regards,

Hans