[fedora-arm] Fedora 23 for aarch64 is here!

Clive Messer clive.m.messer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:57:27 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-11-10 at 09:17 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Basically the Raspberry Pi organisation has no urge to be a good
> citizen in the open source community

Peter,

I choked on my coffee when I read that this morning. I've spent the last 4 hours biting my tongue. Sorry, I can't let that go.

I cannot believe you said that! At least put some context into that sentence. They have "donated" considerable $$$$'s to various open source projects!

I see people joining Linaro, being welcomed with open arms (pun???) when they slap some money down on the table, gaining open source "street cred" by doing so, but not being particularly open source friendly. It's a stepping stone to appearing to be open source friendly.....

Fedora "officially" supporting, (out-of-the-box), SoC vendors who far from being open source friendly, contribute very little to the open source community and are guilty of GPL violations......

The fact is, that the Pi Foundation is a good citizen in the open source community. That they don't have an "upstream kernel first" policy, doesn't make them a bad citizen in the open source community. That is so unfair!

What's next? Are ARM Holdings PLC (or anyone who has purchased IP from them) to be avoided at all costs because they refuse to open source a MALI driver? LOL.

Regards

Clive
--
Clive Messer <clive.m.messer at gmail.com>