Fedora "Big Data" Packaging and Guidelines & Pitfalls

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 20:22:32 UTC 2013

2013/10/3 Tim St Clair <tstclair at redhat.com>

> Thanks to all who joined, and if you have any further questions feel free to join the email list and irc channels listed here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/bigdata
>
> To answer the ppc question -> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/PowerPC  there is a separate command line to explicitly build for a distribution. `ppc-koji build --scratch f19 yourpkg.src.rpm`   or nix the scratch and should update the channels directly.  (One packaging repo -> many distribution channels)

I've made a note on how to build for PPC once -
https://gist.github.com/lemenkov/6048791 :

* "real" build

fedpkg clone mypackage
cd mypackage
koji-ppc build rawhide "$(fedpkg giturl)"

* scratchbuild:

koji-ppc build --scratch rawhide /path/to/yourpkg.src.rpm

or

fedpkg --config ~/.koji/ppc-config build --target=rawhide

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.