What is success for Fedora?

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Thu Jul 3 08:16:43 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Well I don't think we will ever find a perfect and 100% accurate measure,
so what we would need to do instead is pick a set of indicators to watch
like a combination of overall tracked Fedora product downloads during a release series,
pick a few conferences to poll the attendees about operating system usage (JBoss
and OpenStack conferences could possibly be good choices while GUADEC, Akademy
or Flock would likely be bad choices :)) and Google trends for example. So none
of them would give us a 100% accurate answer, but combined we should be able to
at least detect trends from them.

Of course the exact indicator composition would wary a bit between the 3 products.

Christian