Koji 1.4.0 on RHEL 5.5

Allen Hewes allen at decisiv.net
Wed Nov 3 21:54:36 UTC 2010

Mike--

> On 11/01/2010 03:46 AM, Allen Hewes wrote:
> > But I get errors on task newRepo. After getting koji up to
> snuff via
> > the ServerHowTo, I run these commands from kojiadmin user;
> >
> > koji import ifstat-1.1-1.3.el5.src.rpm koji add-tag dist-foo koji
> > add-pkg --owner allen dist-foo ifstat koji tag-pkg  dist-foo
> > ifstat-1.1-1.3.el5 koji add-tag --parent dist-foo --arches i386
> > dist-foo-build koji add-target dist-foo dist-foo-build
>
> Do you mean these are the exact commands you entered?
> Specifically, is ifstat-1.1-1.3.el5.src.rpm the only rpm you imported?

Yes, Mike. I ran those commands. Yes, ifstat-1.1-1.3.el5.src.rpm was the only RPM I imported.

See more below...

> Importing srpms alone is almost always incorrect. This has
> been discussed before:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/buildsys/2010-March/0
02969.html

Yes, came across this...

> If that is the case, then the problem is that your dist-foo
> tag has no content to generate a repo from. Koji does not
> include source rpms in repos by default. Even if it did or if
> you imported the ifstat binary rpms, a repo containing only
> ifstat would be entirely useless for building. A similar
> situation has been discussed before:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/buildsys/2010-March/0
02986.html

Ahyeap, I reached out to Steve Traylen from CERN (b/c of his sweet slides) and he helped me out. He got me pointed in the right direction.

Needless to say, I was missing the obvious which you (and Steve) nailed here....

I feel like a doofus... Duh-- I need either an external repo or enough (correct/revelant packages in my Koji instance to build stuff...

After I read all the Koji pages (except the External Repo one! Ugh!) on fedoraproject.org, I just thought Koji was the smartest thing ever!

I was like damn! Koji is rocks! I need to use it instead of what I am doing.

> I'm not quite sure what your goals are with Koji. To get a
> functional build repo you'll want to either import and tag
> sufficient rpms to populate it, or add an external repo to the tag.

Got it now. Working on the correct way to build/load my Koji server.

Kudos to Pierre, you and Steve Traylen. You guys got me on the right path.

I am in the middle of following the correct directions for what I want to do,
which is use an external repo and add my custom packages.

Thanks again Pierre, you and Steve!

/allen