Koji 1.4.0 on RHEL 5.5

Allen Hewes allen at decisiv.net
Thu Nov 4 08:58:55 UTC 2010

Mike,

> Importing srpms alone is almost always incorrect. This has
> been discussed before:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/buildsys/2010-March/0
> 02969.html
>
> If that is the case, then the problem is that your dist-foo
> tag has no content to generate a repo from. Koji does not
> include source rpms in repos by default. Even if it did or if
> you imported the ifstat binary rpms, a repo containing only
> ifstat would be entirely useless for building. A similar
> situation has been discussed before:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/buildsys/2010-March/0
> 02986.html

Ok, I have gotten much further using the external repo guide, helps to use the right stuff...

I am getting a mock init error, which I can work on tomorrow. I have had working mock installs.

After I have gotten all the parts working (i.e. newRepo(dist-foo-build) is successful), I am running:
koji build --scratch dist-foo ifstat-1.1-1.rf.src.rpm
(As a sanity test. Is this the right command to test build a SRPM within my build tag?)

...and getting:
FAILED: BuildrootError: could not init mock buildroot, mock exited with status 2; see root.log for more information
FAILED: BuildrootError: could not init mock buildroot, mock exited with status 1; see build.log for more information

I can't find any files from those error messages. And I can't run kojid like this:
sudo kojid -c /etc/kojid/kojid.conf --fg --force-lock --debug-mock --verbose

Because the mock version I have doesn't support '--debug'. I noticed that mock came from DAG, but I changed it to use EPEL. The error went from build.log (DAG) to root.log (EPEL).

I see there is a koji command to generate the mock config used. So I can troubleshoot this some more by getting that into a file inside /var/lib/mock/<chroot>/ and running the mock init command, right? Is this how you would debug mock troubles?

My end result is to put all of my custom RPMs (some are in source code others are SRPMs, I know I have to have everything under source control) that I have to maintain for my company into Koji so that it makes managing the building, deps and repo management easier for me. I use RHEL for serving up my company apps. I already have a yum setup but wanted the extra coolness of Koji.

Thanks for your help,

/allen