how to use mash update ?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 03:00:50 UTC 2010

Eric Zhong (ericiszhongwenjia at gmail.com) said:
> I can use mash to get all packages from koji with "mash dist-fc13"
> When i have a new build , i don't  want to reget all packages form koji , i
> just want to get the package like update .
> can mash do that?

Sure. Given that updates go to dist-f13-updates-candidate, etc., you
probably want to be using that.

> How to use these options below ,and What is their purpose?
>
>   -p PREVIOUS, --previous=PREVIOUS
>                         previous mash run to use as basis for createrep

This directory specifies where it copies prior metadata from, to speed
up metadata creation.

>   -d DELTA, --delta=DELTA
>                         previous directory to use for deltarpm creation

This specifies what mash creates deltas against. (It defaults to whatever
you set '-p' to.)

What are you trying to use mash for, in general? It's sort of a
special-purpose tool.

Bill