Speeding up koji-generated mock builds

Alan Franzoni mailing at franzoni.eu
Wed Nov 24 17:19:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2) are all those options intentionally locked out?
>
> Yes, the entire point of koji is reproducible builds. Allowing a
> binary blob tarball to be extracted into your buildroot leaves you
> (potentially) not knowing what went into that buildroot, therefore you
> can't make the database entries of exactly what was in the buildroot.

Usually the root cache is just a cache containing some packages. I
realize this doesn't seem to work with koji because since every chroot
is new, there's no point in caching.

>> 3) would a patch which let them be configured be accepted into your git repo?
>
> Not a koji developer, but I sure hope not :)

I'd like to have them optionally configurable, not enabled by default :P

What about tmpfs? That shouldn't interfere with build reproducibility.

--
Alan Franzoni