Speeding up koji-generated mock builds

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 24 20:24:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 15:46 +0100, Alan Franzoni wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to get our koji instance faster; since we build a lot of
> packages, we'd like to reduce the latency.

 You might want to look at this rpm patch:

commit 2fa98b9e6ab00ee0e8200b405088130cbd626a32
Author: Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at redhat.com>
Date:   Wed Oct 20 15:11:20 2010 +0300

    Lift fsync enable/disable configuration handling to rpmdb layer
    - Add a fsync disable/enable function in the backend, call from
      rpmdb layer: on initial database creation (including database
      rebuild), it's "safe enough" to disable fsync as there's no former
      data to protect. Considerably speeds up initial install to eg chroots.
    - Always re-enable fsync when closing a read-write database - at that
      point there /is/ data to protect.

...this should help the no cached mock case quite a lot.