Custom headers/footers in koji

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 18:30:04 UTC 2011

On 03/30/2011 01:17 AM, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> Attached is a couple of small additions to koji's web code to allow
> customising the headers/footer a little more (headers are good to
> customise for linking back to the main site or secondary koji
> instances; footers are good to customise for web analytics :)
>
> The approach I'm using is just to allow the admin to add a couple of
> files with custom HTML that get automatically included when they're
> present -- it's a bit kludgy, but from what I can tell overriding the
> header/footer Cheetah templates more directly would require some
> fairly in depth changes to the way koji does templating.
>
> Any thoughts on whether this is plausible to go in koji proper, or if
> there's a better way to do it? :)

I think the basic idea is sound. As you say, it is a little kludgy,
which is probably unavoidable without significant restructuring.

I'm curious about the header placement. You have it between the logo and
the search box, whereas the footer is at the very end.

I'm a little cautious about taking this just yet, since it amounts to a
configuration interface that we'd have to be careful about.

I know this particular patch grew out of web analytics needs. I'd be
interested to hear the perspectives of other Koji admins on this list.
Would this change serve your customization needs?