Local koji setup: Canceled build. Yum exits with return code 1

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 13:28:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your response, Aditya.

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 09:59 +0530, Aditya Patawari wrote:
> > Attached is Koji Web's watchlogs output of the task in question. Any
> > ideas as to what might be going wrong? BTW: Koji Web shows the build
> > with state "canceled".
> This is the issue from mock_output.log:
>
> ERROR: Command failed:
>  # ['/usr/bin/yum', '--installroot',
> '/var/lib/mock/dist-f15-build-21-272/root/', 'groupinstall', 'build',
> '--setopt=tsflags=nocontexts']
> Ignored option -c (probably due to merging -yc != -y -c)
>
> Are you sure that you merged your repos correctly?

Well, the newRepo task was successful. Doesn't that imply repos were
correctly merged?

> Try regenerating
> it. Check out [1] if you don't know how to do that. Also make sure
> that you have relevant packages added in your build group. In my
> experience, most of the mock errors occur because something goes
> missing in build group.
>
> [1]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ExternalRepoServerBootstrap#Regenerating_your_repo

I was following: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerBootstrap (not
external repository bootstrapping). I tried external bootstrapping
after, but that is giving me errors as described in a different thread.
Anyhow, I imported required binary RPMs and tagged them appropriately.

Is there a way to tell koji to print the mock command it is using? I'd
like to run that command directly on the koji server and see if I get
different output and/or can debug the problem based on the mock command
koji is using.

Thanks!
--Severin