Running mash in Koji

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Thu Oct 3 13:54:26 UTC 2013

On 10/01/2013 11:53 PM, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 10:32 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> Not sure. For some data to toss in tho, a current rawhide mash takes
>> up about 163GB. Branched f20 is currently around 153GB.
>>
>> So, in addition to the question of if it should try and upload to the
>> hub or not, it needs to make sure and have enough local working space
>> to hold all that (unless it's writing to a rw /mnt/koji for that).
>
> So first of all, do the Fedora builders have that kind of space
> available?
>
> Mike, given the above, do you still think uploading is the best path
> forward?

Can we break that space consumption down a bit?

In the normal Koji createrepo case (which I based my recommendation on)
the yum repo is created on a builder from rpms on /mnt/koji. The only
thing that is uploaded at the end is the yum metadata, which is only a
fraction of the size of the repo itself.

I realize with mash there is more going one (depending on the options),
but still. How much truly new content is generated by mashing? (As
opposed to content that is merely referenced or arranged)