Need Koji Server Setup Help

John.Florian at dart.biz John.Florian at dart.biz
Mon Oct 21 14:32:24 UTC 2013

buildsys-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org wrote on 10/17/2013 08:20:05:

> From: John.Florian at dart.biz
> > From: mike at cchtml.com
> >
> > John.Florian at dart.biz wrote:
> > > However, if I try the login link on the web page, firefox comes up
with a
> > > message stating:
> > >
> > > The page isn't redirecting properly
> > >
> > > Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request
> > for this address
> > > in a way that will never complete.
> > >
> > > This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to
> > accept cookies.
> > >
> > >  From what I can gather via /var/log/httpd/ssl_access_log and
> examination of
> > > /usr/share/koji-web/scripts/index.py's login function the page
> is trying to
> > > redirect the browser to force SSL (even if already using https
> > when clicking on
> > > login) and somehow this results in what would be an infinite loop
> > except that
> > > firefox halts the loop after a dozen or so cycles.  I'm rather
> stumped as to
> > > where my investigation should be focused at this point however.
> Any advice?
> >
> > I believe this is a bug in the latest Koji. After Fedora 18 or 19 web
login
> > broke for me and I never investigated as to why as I never use it. I
> > use the CLI.
>
> Mike, thanks for the feedback.  It helps confirm that it's probably
> not my particular setup.  I thought the WUI was req'd for some
> operations that the CLI could not handle.  Maybe I've got that
> backwards.  Anyway, I guess I'll push forward with my evaluation of
> the tool using just the CLI for now.

Well, I am attempting to mostly ignore the koji-web for now, other than
any clues it might offer.  I've tried going forward with the CLI and have
had some success with the bootstrap setup as I've been able to import some
SRPMs, add a build host, targets, group and whatnot but when I get to the
point where I am to "regen-repo" I see the following:

koji regen-repo f19-build
Regenerating repo for tag f19-build
Watching tasks (this may be safely interrupted)...
8 newRepo (f19-build): free
SysCallError: (-1, 'Unexpected EOF')

I've also tried doing a scratch build and see much of the same ...

koji build --scratch --wait f19
/pub/fedora/mdct/19/SRPMS/plant-launchers-1.3-1.fc19.src.rpm
Uploading srpm:
/pub/fedora/mdct/19/SRPMS/plant-launchers-1.3-1.fc19.src.rpm
[====================================] 100% 00:00:25  11.10 KiB   449.99
B/sec
Created task: 10
Task info: http://mdct-koji.dartcontainer.com/koji/taskinfo?taskID=10
Watching tasks (this may be safely interrupted)...
10 build (f19, plant-launchers-1.3-1.fc19.src.rpm): free
SysCallError: (-1, 'Unexpected EOF')

I'm not seeing anything helpful in the logs and since I'm such a koji newb
I'm not sure what to make of this problem.  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

--
John Florian