Need Koji Server Setup Help

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Tue Oct 22 11:39:01 UTC 2013

On 10/21/2013 10:32 AM, John.Florian at dart.biz wrote:
> Well, I am attempting to mostly ignore the koji-web for now, other than
> any clues it might offer.  I've tried going forward with the CLI and have
> had some success with the bootstrap setup as I've been able to import some
> SRPMs, add a build host, targets, group and whatnot but when I get to the
> point where I am to "regen-repo" I see the following:
>
> koji regen-repo f19-build
> Regenerating repo for tag f19-build
> Watching tasks (this may be safely interrupted)...
> 8 newRepo (f19-build): free
> SysCallError: (-1, 'Unexpected EOF')

I'm seeing errors like this on F19 myself. They are intermittent and
normally retried by koji, but the cli calls that watch tasks drop
authentication before they start watching.

You can work around this by enabling anon_retry in your koji config
(e.g. in ~/.koji/config).

The good news is that this appears to be simply the task watcher failing
on the client side. Your actual tasks may well be working. You can also
always run koji watch-task $N to restart the watch if it dies.

> I've also tried doing a scratch build and see much of the same ...
>
> koji build --scratch --wait f19
> /pub/fedora/mdct/19/SRPMS/plant-launchers-1.3-1.fc19.src.rpm
> Uploading srpm:
> /pub/fedora/mdct/19/SRPMS/plant-launchers-1.3-1.fc19.src.rpm
> [====================================] 100% 00:00:25  11.10 KiB   449.99
> B/sec
> Created task: 10
> Task info: http://mdct-koji.dartcontainer.com/koji/taskinfo?taskID=10
> Watching tasks (this may be safely interrupted)...
> 10 build (f19, plant-launchers-1.3-1.fc19.src.rpm): free
> SysCallError: (-1, 'Unexpected EOF')
>

> I'm not seeing anything helpful in the logs and since I'm such a koji newb
> I'm not sure what to make of this problem.  Any advice would be greatly
> appreciated.

I believe this is happening client side for you. If you run your
commands with the --debug global option, you'll probably see a traceback
similar to this:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/koji/__init__.py", line 1925,
in _callMethod
    return self._sendCall(handler, headers, request)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/koji/__init__.py", line 1836,
in _sendCall
    return self._sendOneCall(handler, headers, request)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/koji/__init__.py", line 1856,
in _sendOneCall
    response = cnx.getresponse()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1045, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 409, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 365, in _read_status
    line = self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 476, in readline
    data = self._sock.recv(self._rbufsize)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/koji/ssl/SSLConnection.py",
line 140, in recv
    return con.recv(bufsize, flags)
SysCallError: (-1, 'Unexpected EOF')

I'm not yet sure what the cause of this is, but I suspect some behavior
change in the underlying libs.