docker-rpm-builder stable released - build native RPMs through docker

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Feb 12 19:31:18 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015, at 12:24 PM, Alan Franzoni wrote:
> Hello,
> I had given a shot to this project some months ago; after a bit of
> refactoring, it's now usable.
>
> (to the Fedora/Redhat people: if you feel I'm hijacking this ml with
> my announcements, just let me know; since it's a low-traffic ml and
> highly relevant to the topic, I thought it the best place where to
> place such announcements)

Not at all - that's a very interesting project.  Would you be interested
in potentially bringing it under the Project Atomic umbrella?

We're a cross-(Fedora/CentOS and downstreams) distribution focused
on containerizing via Docker, and using RPM (as well as rpm-ostree and
Kubernetes):

http://projectatomic.io/

The github organization is here:
https://github.com/projectatomic/

BTW,

> - root filesystem is fully writeable during the build

I wouldn't really say that's a feature...