docker-rpm-builder stable released - build native RPMs through docker

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 00:32:56 UTC 2015

On 02/06/2015 12:24 PM, Alan Franzoni wrote:
> Hello,
> I had given a shot to this project some months ago; after a bit of
> refactoring, it's now usable.
>
> (to the Fedora/Redhat people: if you feel I'm hijacking this ml with
> my announcements, just let me know; since it's a low-traffic ml and
> highly relevant to the topic, I thought it the best place where to
> place such announcements)

No problem from my perspective. It's interesting to hear about.

> https://github.com/alanfranz/docker-rpm-builder
>
> RPM packages for Centos/RHEL and Fedora are available now.

I'd love to use containers in Koji, but I think docker is still
effectively x86-only (which is a shame, since I think the underlying
kernel features are not). Plus there are a number of docker-isms that
might make integration... tricky.

Also, a typical koji instance generates different chroot environments
all the time, so I'm not sure how much IO we'd be able to save.

In any case, it's good to see work on this.