RFC : Re-structuring Campus-Am team

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 05:19:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Buddhike Kurera
<bckurera at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I had a IRC chat with Biertie some days back and he is willing to support
> for a change. If we change the scope as we can get the students support,
> I think we can get their involvement, but first we need to have a place to
> invite them. Therefore we need to change the way the Campus Am team
> organized.
>
> So the problem is, how Campus Am. team should be changed to get more
> students' involvement?

I'm afraid changing the organization of the team doesn't solve the
problem of getting students interested in it. The team has probably
been organized three or four different ways so far and none succeeded.
I think the reason none succeeded is our failure to find a way to
reach out to students. Making a wiki page inviting them to join us
isn't enough. We need a coherent way to market Fedora (the project) to
students.

You have my support changing the organization and trying again. I'm
just sharing what I took away from the history of the program so far
and as I often am I could be dead wrong about it.

John