RFC : Re-structuring Campus-Am team

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 15:19:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
<kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
> <kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> still, i dont see a reason for a separate group.. what's wrong with
>> accepting students as normal ambassador? and run a campus/educator
>> promotion program which any ambassadors may choose to pitch in and
>> help when they feel like it, or have access to the sector (eg: have
>> friends who are educators).
>
> or the ambassador is a non-academic staff in an educational institute
> .. of which, i know several people (not officially ambassadors, yet)
> who are promoting fedora/foss in the institute they work in .. to both
> lecturers and students

Right, I happen to be one of those people myself. Staff access to
teachers is different than student access to teachers and honestly we
only have a sprinkling of staff/ambassador presence now in educational
institutions. This program was simply an attempt to get more buy-in
from teachers and it would happen to engage more students as a bonus.
I can't see why anyone would resist it in its abstract formulation.

John