[fedora-classroom] Proposal: Learn To Package Week

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:39:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

---On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 00:06:50 -0500 Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:

| Dear Classroom list: Aaron Clark had an idea at this past FUDCon.
|
| http://iwrotecode.blogspot.com/2009/12/future-fudcon-hackfest-request.html
|
| Proposal: Learn To Package Week (New Years' Resolution Special
| Edition), January 4-10, 2010.
|
| One tricky package walkthrough per day,
\--

I made a packaging RPM presentation to get people started with some
basics of RPM .spec file and the tools used.

You could try it from here:
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/packaging-red-hot-paneer-butter-masala.pdf

The sources are available at:
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/packaging-red-hot-paneer-butter-masala.tar.bz2

This is an old IRC log of the session:
http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/irclogs/2009/2009-07-02_mbuf_packaging_rpm.log.html

It does not cover packaging for specific modules or languages though,
but, it could get you one step closer to this.

This gives you an overall view of the process:
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/howtos/packaging-rpm-workflow.html

Regards,

SK

--