integrating sheepdog into fedora

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 22:58:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've been working with the upstream sheepdog[1] community to get the
userland component of sheepdog into shape for distribution.  Soon the
userland rpm will be ready for review.

The userland depends on upstream QEMU 0.13 to add a block storage
device.  Curious to know if there are plans to integrate this version of
QEMU into a future fedora version or if we could carry a patch on top of
current fedora qemu which integrates the functionality.

Regards
-steve

[1] sheepdog is a distributed block storage system for QEMU.  For more
details, check out the KVM Forum slides.

	http://www.osrg.net/sheepdog/pub/kvmforum2010.pdf