trouble building F16 ami on meta-appliance

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 15:39:08 UTC 2011

Sean,

Yes, but I and Dennis explained before - BoxGrinder wasn't used to generate current Fedora AMIs.

In BoxGrinder we haven't tested the combination of various plugins with kickstart files as the input. As you can see, for EBS plugin it doesn't work.

Things you can do now:

1. Use .appl files and still use BoxGrinder
2. Use appliance-creator with Fedora provided kickstart files and do some manual work afterwards including bundling and uploading to AWS.

--Marek