different delivery formats

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Feb 10 19:42:28 UTC 2012

Hey all,

Wanted to get a discussion started, there has been a few requests
lately for our ec2 images to be made available for general consumption.
either for use in a different cloud provider to ec2, or for use at home
with kvm or private cloud. often the requestors reference
http://uec-images.ubuntu.com/releases/10.10/release/ im all for making
fedora easier to consume. I made a qcow2 format image for f17 that came
in at 610M, i also tarred and xz compressed the f16 ec2 raw disk and
that came in at 114M the raw disk images are 10G

so the main question here is whats the best way to make them available
that can easily be consumed by people.

Dennis