RFC: Cloud Interop FAD

Andy Grimm agrimm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:30:16 UTC 2012

Overall, I definitely like the idea of developing $PaaS on $IaaS
narratives for Fedora, as we so often see that people using a cloud
don't architect their apps for a cloud.  Anything we can do to promote
"proper" cloud apps is a good thing.

I don't know much about Openshift yet, but wonder if the FAD agenda
should narrow it even more to start with -- I know OpenShift is
designed to support multiple languages / frameworks, and perhaps it
makes sense to start with one.  In other words, the FAD goal is make
sure that Fedora has a full narrative for setting up $IaaS and getting
all the way to, say, a running Django app.  At that point,
substituting another framework is probably just a matter of pointing
to another OpenShift example in github or the OpenShift docs.

(As you know, due to the proposed timeframe for this event, I'll be
unlikely to travel for it.  If it happens to be in NC, I'll attend in
person; otherwise I'll participate remotely.)

Andy