Launching a Fedora 16 instance

Juan M. Rodriguez nushio at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:30:40 UTC 2012

Hey there,

I'm new to Amazon EC2 / Cloud providers in general, but I tried to set up
using Fedora's F16 Image (Available here [1]) using ami-5f16d836. It
apparently passes all of Amazon's checks, however I can't ping the instance
once it's fully set up. I decided to check the System Log and noticed this:

Determining IP information for eth0.../etc/init.d/functions: line 58:
/dev/stderr: Permission denied /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: line 58:
/dev/stderr: Permission denied /etc/init.d/functions: line 58: /dev/stderr:
Permission denied /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: line 58: /dev/stderr:
Permission denied

Anyone had better luck using Fedora's Amazon EC2 instances? Did I do
something wrong during setup?

Thanks.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_images
--