ec2 wiki page vs. get-fedora wiki page

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 17 14:11:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 01:24:05PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Dennis is hte person who posts the ec2 AMI #'s to the wiki page.
> If we have them go directly to the get-fedora page, we'll need some
> process by which rel-eng provides the relevant updates to the
> websites team.

Okay, so making that smooth is important.

> Also: We may want to keep things like alpha/beta or RCs on the wiki
> page, and I don't tihnk it necessarily hurts ot have them on the
> wiki page, since many people go hunting for information on the wiki
> instead of on the main get.fp.o webpage.

I'd like to have a magic launch button next to each item in the list. I
don't know if we can do that easily in mediawiki or not.

Making the information easy to find is important, but I think it's less
confusing to have one canonical place for the info (maybe a separate page
for alpha/beta/rc). I'd rather make the wiki point to the main page.

Another concern is that our threshold for wiki editing is low (as it should
be in general), and it would be relatively easy to slip in a malicious
change which might go unnoticed for a little while.