Fedora 18 RC1 Amazon EC2 images available for testing

Vitaly Kuznetsov vkuznets at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 12:30:59 UTC 2013

On 01/07/2013 08:41 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Release engineering has built the latest F18 cloud image spin.
>
> In region US East,
>
>     ami-6145cc08 for 64-bit and
>     ami-0d44cd64 for 32-bit.
>
> Please take a look at this and help validate them for final release next
> week.

Hello,

I've took a look at these AMIs and made a comparison with F17. Here is
the difference:

Newly introduced packages:
audit-libs-python, dbus-python, dmidecode, ebtables, gnutls,
gobject-introspection, groff-base, iptables-services,json-c, kpartx,
less, libcgroup, libdb4, libee, libestr, liblognorm, libmicrohttpd,
libpipeline, libsemanage-python, libtasn1, man-db, nss-tools,
openssl-libs, p11-kit, policycoreutils-python, procps-ng,
pygobject3-base, pyliblzma, python-IPy, python-decorator,
python-prettytable, python-slip, python-slip-dbus, qrencode-libs, rsync,
setools-libs, systemd-libs, tar, tmpwatch

Missing packages:
ModemManager, NetworkManager, NetworkManager-glib, acl, acpid, attr,
authconfig, avahi-autoipd, checkpolicy, db4, dnsmasq, fedora-logos,
libdaemon, libdrm, libgudev1, libnl3, libpcap, libpciaccess,
libsss_sudo, libudev, linux-firmware, m4, mingetty,
mobile-broadband-provider-info, netxen-firmware, newt, newt-python,
openssl, pciutils, pciutils-libs, plymouth, plymouth-core-libs,
plymouth-scripts, polkit, ppp, procps, setserial, slang,
system-config-firewall-base, system-config-firewall-tui, udev,
wpa_supplicant

I'm concerned a bit about the absence of some basic tools: acl, attr,
openssl. Shouldn't we include them by default?

The second issue is "hwcap 1 nosegneg" in
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc6-xen.conf (it's not present in RHEL6 images, for
example), but as I see there was a consensus that it should stay for now.

Everything else looks fine for me.

--
Vitaly