Persistent URLs for Fedora Cloud images

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Jul 12 12:34:56 UTC 2013

On 07/11/2013 11:56 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> Could we get some sort of organization and browsing around these?
>> RIght now, they are "magic URLS" that will likely disappear.  Much
>> better if we had them under /images and we could enumerate the list.
> Why are they likely to disappear? Why would making the path longer make them
> less likely to disappear?

Nah, just meant that we could keep the  redirect on
http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/ and have
http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/images be a simple list.

>> Can we put them in
>> http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/images/
>> And make that directory listable, even if they are going to be
>> ephemeral?  That way, we can go back there and check to see what is
>> current.
>> Or am I missing something?
> Well, something -- there is no directory. This is a webserver list redirect to
>
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/19/Images/x86_64/Fedora-x86_64-19-20130627-sda.qcow2&redirect=1
>
> We could make a fake directory and populate it with dummy files, but I'm not
> seeing much value in that.

> If the idea is for a human-readable list, that's best found at
> http://get.fedoraproject.org/, under the cloud section (which I hope to make
> more prominent for F20.
That is probably closest to what I meant, a little image heavy, but
sufficient.

I'm think in terms of being able to automate the upload of a set of
images when they are generated to Glance instances.  Thus, a page of
links I can fetch via curl, parse, and then potentially download the
individual images.