Packaging Google-Daemon

Renich Bon Ciric renich at woralelandia.com
Tue Jun 24 14:32:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:
> Just to check, I looked at my F21 (rawhide) Fedora /usr/share directory.
> There are 287 directories in there, and 1 file.  So, the ratio is 287 to
> 1 in favor of using a directory. :)
>
> Though ... that's not the real reason I was sending this.

Well, google-daemon is actually another directory, but I get your point ;=)

> I don't want to slow your progress down, but I have on my roadmap plans
> to create some RHEL6 and RHEL7 images for GCE.  I'm pretty sure I'll be
> able to user your rpm for RHEL7, but just keep in mind that someone will
> probrubly come behind you and put your package in EPEL6.
> So when you get rid of the init.d files, please do that in the spec
> file, and not somewhere before.  That way I'll just have to make changes
> to the spec file and not create a new tarball or something like that.
>
> Thank you for all the work you've been doing on this.

Awesome, thanks. Cheers! We're all doing our part ;=)

--
It's hard to be free... but I love to struggle. Love isn't asked for;
it's just given. Respect isn't asked for; it's earned!

http://www.woralelandia.com/
http://www.introbella.com/