Cloud WG proposed new slate [was: cloud wg official membership refresh?]

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 29 16:14:01 UTC 2014

> Okay, so, I went through the IRC logs, e-mail archives,
> https://github.com/fedora-cloud/, and tickets. I identified this last of the
> the most active cloud SIG members, and I think that the voting WG membership
> should reflect this. This ends up dropping quite a few of the active
> members, which I think is okay -- it's not a black mark or anything. We've
> been operating very well with a blurred line and now formal distinction, and
> this is just meant to bring the list into sync with activity.
>
> If you're on this list but feel like you shouldn't be, speak up. (If, for
> example, you're really not going to have time over the *next* three months.)
> And if you aren't but think you really should be, just say so -- in private
> or here or whatever -- I'm not meaning to leave out anyone who is actively
> involved and I easily could have missed relevant activity not represented by
> the sources above (and also, I haven't had much coffee yet this morning.)
>
> So, proposed new slate:
>
> * Andy Grimm (agrimm)
> * Dusty Mabe (dustymabe)
> * Ian McLeod (imcleod)
> * Jared Smith (jsmith)
> * Joe Brockmeier (jzb)
> * Haïkel Guémar (number80)
> * David Gay (oddshocks)
> * Mike Ruckmman (roshi)
> * Scott Collier (scollier)
>
> (Why yes, that is in alphabetical order by IRC nick.)

Just to speak about the other people that are not me, they are all
worthy to join the WG.
I'm particularly excited to have representatives from doc & QA which
will be important topics
in the next releases.
Products without documentation and QA are not really products, no
matter how great they are ;-)

> You'll notice I left _myself_ off. That's not because of not caring, but
> because of that "not having time over the next few months" thing — I really
> need to focus on FPL duties. And, it's also because Red Hat is in the
> process of hiring someone to replace my old role focusing on Fedora Cloud.
> I'm not going to name names until the ink is dry, but it's someone who will
> have no trouble jumping into the mix on merit in short order. (I'm also
> really not concerned about number of members, by the way -- I think we
> shouldn't make 9 a magic number and adjust up and down based on activity.)

*nods*
I'd like to thank you for your good services in the Cloud SIG then
Cloud WG, you did great :)

And I assume that everyone else wants the WG to remain open to any
Cloud SIG member.
Since we're using lazy consensus, as long as we keep membership at a
reasonable level,
it's not a problem to add few members.

Regards,
H.