using fstrim to save some space in cloud images

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 23:21:48 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 02:00:11PM -0400, Michael DePaulo wrote:
>> > Yeah, we tried it before, and it was failing in the image build
>> > process. I don't remember the current state.
>> I am at Flock and I am very interested in helping with this.
>
> Cool -- thanks for not forgetting about this thread. :)

I just started working on this.

I will probably submit a PR to Roshi's testcloud for TRIM/discard support.
https://github.com/Rorosha/testcloud
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/roshi/testCloud/
(Not because testcloud would be used in the image build process. But
because I really want to try out TRIM via testcloud.)

-Mike