Testing Docker images (and possibly other cloud images) in CentOS CI

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 2 19:07:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 02:47:42PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Honestly I've often wished dist-git supported multiple packages per git
> repo.  (Really, everything should support aggregration, including
> less lame chain-builds).
>
> For example, it's quite common when submitting new packages for
> review to have *multiple* which are very similar (A depends on B),
> and we just amplify our pain for little gain by splitting everything
> up all of the time into tiny little bits.
>
> Github does quite well with the $organization/$component model, and
> in a lot of cases it'd make sense to match that in dist-git (and
> package names...).

Would this be useful for Dockerfiles as well? Maybe when multiple
containers comprise a single app? Offhand, it seems most likely to
create a lot of duplication. If it'd be _very_ useful, though, now's
the time to think about it, since it seems likely that we want a
separate namespace anyway.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>