Fedora 22 is out, Fedora 23 is coming :)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 4 21:10:26 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 02:10:05PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > But in order to be really useful unless they're all-in on Fedora, many
> > people will want the python version for their
> > infrastructure/environment, not whichever python we happen to ship in a
> > given release.
> "I will provide flexibility and utility by providing no flexibility
> and utility" sounds like a crappy marketing point to me.

Well, if we got a resounding "python is definitely the one thing we
want", that'd be one thing. The first-round plan was to offer a very
lightweight image — minimal + provisioning utils like cloud-init —
and then language stacks via SCLs. Adding those was where the utility
was supposed to come from.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>