Fedora EC2 Amis: SriovNetSupport

milanisko k vetrisko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 14:52:21 UTC 2015

That would be one way.
However, since it actually is a majority of the instance types[1] that
support this feature, I'd vote to make it the default.
That's unless it prevents using/booting the "small" instances of course,
what AFAIK isn't the case --- I was able to create a snapshot ami from an
F21 instance,
register it with the sriov flag and boot both a t2 and an r3 instances
without any issue and confirmed the sriov flag was in effect on the r3
instance.
The only limit I know of is the ami has to be HVM[2].
Moreover, the feature is for free, no extra charges apply so why not to
take advantage of lower latencies on the instances.

Cheers,
milan

[1] Enhanced Networking Support, The Instance Types Matrix,
http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/
[2] Enabling Enhanced Networking on Other Linux Distributions,
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/enhanced-networking.html