Fedora EC2 Amis: SriovNetSupport

milanisko k vetrisko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:52:37 UTC 2015

That isn't necessary. Suffices to register an hvm ami with the  "--sriov
simple" switch[1].

Having registered a copy--ami, I needn't change any modules/boot options
configuration.
The ixgbevf driver was loaded automatically upon boot of supported instance
type (r3) and the network interface was operational out of the box.
Same ami worked without any changes on non-supported instance type (t2)
where the vif driver was picked by default.

Cheers,
milan

[1] ec2-register command, Par: To enabled enhanced networking (instance
store–backed instances),
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/enhanced-networking.html#enhanced-networking-linux