FEL image - ( was Respin (revisited) )

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 27 09:45:51 UTC 2007

On 8/24/07, Mike McGrath wrote:

> > Isn't the electronics lab spin concept hostable under this definition?
> > And if so, isn't it just scratching the surface in terms of niche
> > productivity spins?
> >

> Thats true. So lets use the electronics lab as a concept spin.  Answer
> the questions from the first mail about it:

Hello there,

Well, what I have planned about the electronic lab spin is:
 * it will be released when FX is released (just like the fedora kde
spin is released)
 * it entails no other rpms from other repositories but that of fedora's only.
 * it would have NO other updated spin each month. Updates of
individual packages will be available on fedora-updates only.

> Scenario 1) Using only software available on our mirrors, someone has
> created a respin and wants us to host it.

This scenario could be appropriate. But I would like FEL to get the
same status like Fedora KDE spin. That is, FEL live image will be
released when FX is released.

I would like to know whether fedora project will host the FEL or not
under such conditions ?

regards,
Chitlesh
--