mailing list reorganization

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 16:52:00 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> * I got told we would get hardware for a mailman host by mid April

You weren't, you were told we didn't have hardware for mailman and that
we'd be getting more hardware in April.  We have it, and we still don't
have hardware for a dedicated mailman host.
> * how important is it for the Board? According to
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-June/msg00417.html
> its likely "a very low priority to the infrastructure team"; if we want
> to have a own list server we would likely need to make it a higher
> priority for some time

I'd like to point out that we can re-org the mailing lists without
hosting it ourselves.  I just want to make sure the infrastructure team
doesn't take on this, which is a pretty major task, just because 2 or 3
people want it that way.  Is there general support from the FAB to host
this ourselves?

    -Mike