mailing list reorganization

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jun 7 17:19:39 UTC 2007

On 07.06.2007 18:52, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> * I got told we would get hardware for a mailman host by mid April
> You weren't, you were told we didn't have hardware for mailman and that
> we'd be getting more hardware in April.  We have it, and we still don't
> have hardware for a dedicated mailman host.

There was a communication problem then somewhere. Sorry. I got the
impression that some Red Hat people wanted to set up a separate server
and talked to you internally about that; when we two were talking about
the hardware for the mailing list reporg I accidentally assumed it would
be for a seperate server.

Let's forget about it now and just move on.

>> * how important is it for the Board? According to
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-June/msg00417.html
>> its likely "a very low priority to the infrastructure team"; if we want
>> to have a own list server we would likely need to make it a higher
>> priority for some time
> I'd like to point out that we can re-org the mailing lists without
> hosting it ourselves.  I just want to make sure the infrastructure team
> doesn't take on this, which is a pretty major task, just because 2 or 3
> people want it that way.  Is there general support from the FAB to host
> this ourselves?

Fine with me, but using the hostname like list.fedoraproject.org would
be nice, if possible without much hassle.

Cu
thl