mailing list reorganization

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 18:30:27 UTC 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007 12:52:00 Mike McGrath wrote:
> I'd like to point out that we can re-org the mailing lists without
> hosting it ourselves.  I just want to make sure the infrastructure team
> doesn't take on this, which is a pretty major task, just because 2 or 3
> people want it that way.  Is there general support from the FAB to host
> this ourselves?

I'm far more in favor of letting Red Hat to continue hosting the mailman
stuff.  If we can do it with a different domain, great.  But they have a
working setup for mailman hosting, reasonable spam filters, very good uptime,
a working privacy system in place, etc...  I don't see any value of trying to
reproduce all this stuff just to be "more free" from Red Hat.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora