better documentation (was: Re: governance, fesco, board, etc.)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 16:55:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 18:32 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 12.06.2007 18:10, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >> * bodhi, koji are immature, semi-functional, semi-cooked pieces of SW
> >> which still have to prove their longevity, but so far don't do anything
> >> but introducing bureaucracy and are almost strangling former FE.
> >
> > But "good enough" to get the job done *now*.
> > Could you provide constructive suggestions(1) on how to make things better?
>
> Better documentation. A step by step guide: "how to update a Fedora
> package for dummies after the merge" or "The way of a package update:
> from cvs commit over koji and bodi into the proper repo". Linked on
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers please.

Yes, this needs to happen.  I've put it on the schedule for this week's
FESCo meeting to discuss and hopefully find a volunteer other than
myself to do the writing, but if no one else does, I'll do it.  Because
you're right, this is sorely needed and we're past the crunch which kept
us from doing it from the get-go

Jeremy