governance, fesco, board, etc.

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Wed Jun 13 03:42:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 04:59:51AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> 7. The server layout (Everything/Fedora). At least I fail to understand
> why there can't be one single repo, containing "all of Fedora" with a
> subset of the packages therein packaged as iso's.

That's exactly what the Everything tree is.  It's a single repo,
containing every RPM in the release.  It's this tree that yum pulls
from.

The specific "Fedora" and "Live" spins, proper subsets of
"Everything", have their own directories with ISOs, and the "Fedora"
directory also happens to have the tree of "Fedora spin" content
exploded so you can see what's included, but that tree is hardlinked
to the "Everything" tree, so there's no package duplication on-disk.

> It renders "cvs commit; make tag build" non-functional, but requires you
> to additionally launch a browser and wade through various web-pages.
>
> Can we please have a "make release"?

It's in the works I've heard several times.  Patches would be gladly
reviewed...

-Matt